7 wheelchair racers in the middle of a race

Disability Resources & Educational Services

Accessible Living Accommodations

Students with disabilities have a variety of options for accessible living environments/accommodations at the University of Illinois. You must first register with DRES as a student with a disability and then click on the following links for further instructions regarding how to request accommodations. Beckwith Residential Support Services on the first floor of Nugent Hall is available for students with severe physical disabilities who need assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) and require personal assistant services. Both University Housing and Private Certified Housing have accessible accommodations to meet the needs of students with disabilities. Hendrick House, Illini Tower, and Newman Hall are private certified halls that students with disabilities have successfully lived in during the school year and during the summer session.

Those who want to explore accessible apartment options in the community should contact the University's Tenant Union for assistance with reviewing leases, dealing with landlord problems and locating housing.