The upcoming deadline to apply for Fall 2020 admission is August 1st, 2019.
- Applicants to the MPH program should submit their application through SLATE.
- Only undergraduate students who are Seniors during 2019-2020 in Kinesiology, Community Health, or I-Health at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign may apply for this application cycle.
- Applicants must be able to complete all BS requirements by Summer 2020 in order to advance to the MPH in Fall 2020.
A Complete Application Includes:
- Online SLATE Application
- Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Official Transcripts*
- Pre-requisite requirements: Before applying for the BS-MPH program, all community health and i-Health major applicants are required to complete the course, CHLH 274 Introduction to Epidemiology, and MUST obtain a B or higher grade in it. This pre-requisite does NOT apply to kinesiology majors.
Proposed Program Information section:
- Select "Kinesiology and Community Health" as the proposed program
- Select "Master of Public Health-BS/MPH Joint program" as the degree
- Select "Spring 2020" as the term you are submitting your application for. Please note that this term selection is for internal classification of applications only. You will still start your MPH year in Fall 2020 semester.
Academic History section:
- Fill out the requested information on all of the universities you have attended or are currently attending.
- Upload unofficial transcripts (your own copies) from all colleges you have attended, including community colleges.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges to be sent directly from the college(s) to: email@example.com
- If your college does not send electronic transcripts, request sealed paper copies be sent directly from the registrar to:
- MPH Program
- 1206 S. Fourth St.
- 2021 Khan Annex, Huff Hall
- Champaign, IL 61820
- Note that Official transcripts must be sealed and sent directly from the institution. Copies obtained or opened by students are NOT considered official.
Test Scores section:
- BS-MPH applicants do not require GRE scores
- In this section, please upload a current version of your resume or CV.
Personal Statement section:
- Your Personal Statement should explain, in a two-page essay, why you want an MPH degree and how an MPH degree fits into your career plans. For more details, please refer to Application Requirements.
- You will need to provide the name and contact information for three references, preferably from academic sources (professors) or public health-related work.
- We strongly recommend you to obtain at least two letters from professors who taught you.
- Each reference will receive an email asking him/her to submit a letter in our online system. A secure link will be provided to each reference.
- Letters of recommendation should be posted online by the letter writers as specified in the application instructions.
- You do not have to wait for your letters to be complete to submit your application. The letters will automatically update when they are sent to the online system. It is recommended to submit your application well before the deadline, even if your letters of recommendation have not been submitted yet.
After you submit your online application, you will be prompted to pay a non-refundable application fee. Your application will not be reviewed until this fee has been paid. If you do not pay your application fee within 3 weeks of submitting your application, your application will be unsubmitted. Domestic applicants will be required to submit a $70.00 application fee.