Intercollegiate Transfer Information
Intercollegiate Transfer (ICT) Applicants
Students who are currently enrolled at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign who transfer to a different undergraduate program on the same campus are considered intercollegiate transfers (ICT). Students who have completed one year (or one semester for transfer students) in their admitted program of study are eligible to apply to transfer to the College of Applied Health Sciences.
Details on the application and transfer process for students interested in the College of Applied Health Sciences are outlined at meetings each fall and spring semester. View upcoming ICT Informational Meetings (PDF).
Application Process Overview
Students who are interested in applying to transfer to a program of study in the College of Applied Health Sciences should submit all of the materials requested below, using the following links (please note that requirements vary by program of study):
Community Health – http://bit.ly/chlhict
Interdisciplinary Health Sciences – http://bit.ly/ihealthict
Kinesiology – http://bit.ly/kinict
Recreation, Sport & Tourism – http://bit.ly/rstuiucict
Speech & Hearing Science – http://bit.ly/shsuiucict
- Personal Statement
- If you are applying to Community Health, Kinesiology, Recreation, Sport & Tourism or Speech & Hearing Science, please submit a typewritten statement (one page double spaced maximum) describing your background and career goals as they relate to your curriculum choice in this department. You may include any curricular, co-curricular, or work experiences that have influenced your educational and career plans.
- If you are applying to Interdisciplinary Health Sciences, please submit a statement describing your background and career goals as they relate to your curriculum choice in this department(one page double spaced maximum). Please address your interest in interdisciplinary studies and your understanding of the complexity of health from more than one perspective. You may include any curricular, co-curricular, or work experiences that have influenced your educational and career plans.
- Academic History (not required for those applying to the Community Health or Kinesiology Programs of Study)
- You will find your academic history by logging into UI Self-Service at www.courses.illinois.edu. Click on the Registration and Records tab, and then click on the Records link.
- You are encouraged to utilize the Career Center resources, www.careercenter.illinois.edu, should you need assistance in creating your résumé.
Prospective AHS ICTs should be aware that applying and meeting stated criteria does not guarantee transfer. Admission to AHS programs is competitive and may be limited due to enrollment maximums.
Upcoming ICT Application Deadlines:
1) The first Friday of the semester;
2) The eighth Friday of the semester;
3) The last day of instruction of the semester.
1) The eighth Friday of the semester;
2) The last day of instruction of the semester.
Please refer to the Office of the Registrar’s “Academic Deadlines” for a specific date in any given semester.