Follow Alma & our Undergraduate Affairs team around campus – and enter to win some awesome prizes!
Over the next month and a half, we’ll be hosting a contest right here on Instagram for our AHS undergrad students – yes, even you, incoming freshmen and transfer students! Follow along as members of our Undergraduate Affairs team show you and Alma around our beautiful campus (after all, Alma is usually stuck in one place).
About three times a week, we’ll post a photo of Alma and one of our UG Affairs staffers somewhere on campus, and all you have to do is comment on each post with your guess as to where they’re at! All correct comments will be entered to win prizes each time, like t-shirts, hats, and even lunch on us. The prize changes every posting and you could win multiple times. At the end of the summer, we’ll draw one grand prize winner to receive a $100 gift card to the Illini Union Bookstore!
Make sure you’re following @AHSIllinois on Instagram to join in the fun!
Student resources related to COVID-19
The College of AHS continues to work closely with campus to work through the impact COVID-19 is having on our operations. In addition to the information we've collected for AHS students below, campus-wide information, resources, and an archive of communications are available on the campus COVID-19 page.
Helpful resources for learning online
As you engage in online learning, the following resources may be helpful to you.
- Information on connecting to the internet
- Learn to use video technologies (Zoom, Google Hangouts, or Skype)
- Process for getting help with computer and internet access
- Instructions for using Creative Cloud apps from home
- General advice on being an online student
- Student resources for adjusting to an online environment
- Illinois Remote: Keep Learning
- Video conferencing etiquette
- Free eBook: Teach Yourself How to Learn
- NOTE: Students experiencing technical issues in Compass, Zoom, or Media Space should contact Tech Services at email@example.com. Include the date/time, the course, any error message(s), any screenshots available, and a description of the action trying to be performed.
- COVID-19 mental health resources provided by the Department of Psychology
- Feel free to reach out to our embedded clinical counselor, Kim Peters, and refer to the Counseling Center's website for the most up-to-date information regarding services for students.
- Student Assistance Center
- If you are a graduate student in AHS looking for assistance regarding academic policy modifications, please speak with your advisor or visit this page. You may also consult this GradLINKS page.