For more information or guidance on identifying and applying for optimal funding opportunities for your project contact the Center on Health, Aging, and Disability.
CHAD Pilot Grants
The goal of the Center on Health, Aging, and Disability’s Pilot Grant Program is to support innovative, groundbreaking interdisciplinary research aimed at advancing our understanding of health and wellness, aging, disability and the maintenance of a high quality of life. This annual call is issued in the spring semester and is limited to tenured and tenure-track faculty with in the College of Applied Health Sciences. Support is limited to $30,000 and 18-month projects.
For more information, please contact Wendy Bartlo at email@example.com
The Scott Edward Erickson Endowed Research Award
Purpose: The fund will be used to provide seed money to researchers investigating schizophrenia. Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and a failure to understand what is real.
Support provided: The total project period for an application submitted in response to this funding opportunity may not exceed eighteen (18) months. Currently, the total amount potentially available is $5,000, to be distributed based upon scientific merit to one or two proposals. The awarded amount could be $5,000 maximum, but not less than $2,500.
Please address the following in your proposal:
- Focus on schizophrenia
- Reflects potential for a significant impact on knowledge of schizophrenia
- Holds promise to enhance the quality of life for individuals with schizophrenia
- Significance, innovation, potential to garner future extramural funding or further work of PI
- Principal Investigators must be associated with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- If a student, the application must include letter of support from the major advisor
- Applications must include a cover letter, title, one-page abstract of project, and CV’s of PI’s. Budget and justification of budget (include a statement of other financial support for the work if the amount awarded is less than the budget proposed) is also requested.
Submission: Please send application materials to Wendy Bartlo (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 15, 2021.
Please email Jeff Woods (email@example.com) if you have any questions about submissions.